My sister's blog is often a source of inspiration for me. I was going to wait and post about Matt's triumphant return from his 2-year church mission in Brisbane, Austrailia. But, Stacie's excitement, fueled mine. We leave tomorrow for California where we anxiously wait for Monday to come!! I was 8 when Matt was born. He's always been my baby and I've always mothered him. The best part is, he let me. He is such a fun, caring uncle to Bria. They have a very sweet bond. She prays for him very night and can't wait to give him "hugs and squeezes" when he comes home. For her 2nd birthday, he sent her a Austrailian beanie baby bear. She named him, Bear Bear.

He was the one we trusted with her when she was only 5 months old to watch her while we were in the temple for Stacie and Brandon's wedding.


Just hanging out and so comfy her Uncle Matt... she fell asleep. Which is a feat, if you know Bria.

Matt would watch Bria for me while I taught at UVU. To calm her down he would do what she loved the most, play his guitar for her. Of course, she had to hold on to a straw and kaypo. What ever she wanted, Matt made sure she had it....

Here is Elder Haskell entering the MTC:

Our proud Momma with her baby boy:

Aaron, Stacie, Brandon, Matt, Me, and Mom out in front of Stacie's house before he went into the Missionary Training Center:

Matt and his girl:

Out in the mission field:

Bring on the Aussie!!!
How exciting!!! Hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteYay I'm so glad that's he coming home! Have a great time in Cali! Gabe's baseball coach is Todd Pederson and apparently all your ward is on his team. Also your landlords' sons are on Derik and Gabe's teams. They are BIG kids! They all say hi to you guys! One of them worked in young womans with you. She was asking me about you and so was the coach. He looked at Gabe and Sam and said are you the same Eaquintos that lived in the Allman's basement. Sam said, "That was my little brother." Todd said, you don't look anything alike. It was kind of funny, I thought you'd get a kick out of it. We love and miss you guys tons. (I got Sofia a b day present the other day...I couldn't resist!)
ReplyDeleteI honestly can't believe it's already been two years! The Aussie is coming home eh! We are so proud of Matt for taking two years of his life to serve the Lord! He is a noble spirit, and I'm glad to say I know him!
ReplyDeleteI can hardly believe he's coming home. I still picture him in the baseball picture you kept on the fridge in our apartments in Provo. Now he's 21! I am so happy for you and your family. Have tons of fun and give him a 'good game' from me for comleting a faithful mission. :)
ReplyDeleteSo EXCITING! Have a great trip out to get him!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's been two years! We can't wait to see him...
ReplyDelete