Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sofia's 8 months old!

People say that your second child grows up much quicker than your first. All I know is that yesterday I was bringing Sofia home, and now she is 8 months old. Blindingly fast!!!

She is eating all sorts of baby food and so far loves sweet potatoes and doesn't like avacados (just like her mom). She can see what she wants and then will get on all fours and rock and then scoot backward. She can sit up from laying down, see what she wants and then lunge forward and start the whole process again. Sofia has been waving (only at Dan) for a few weeks now, but now she is waving to Bria and me. She started clapping on her own and loves to play with her big sister, Bria. No matter what her mood is, she will always smile for Bria. One of their favorite things to do is Bria will sing one of her songs (Twinkle, Twinkle/Itsy, Bitsy, Spider) and Sofia will smile and clap for her. Every once in a while, my girls will look like the other. This is the first time I've seen it in a picture. What do you think?
I think Sofia looks more like me than Dan will admit! She has his calm temperment, but does a lot of the things I did as a baby: smile from day one, be bald, and maybe an early talker. She already says, "Hi, Dad!" At least, that's what we think she is saying!!

We are so lucky to have Sofia in our family!

4 comments:

  1. she is so sweet! i believe it on the whole talking thing. that's how old violet was when she started talking and has not stopped since! Ollie, of course, is another story, all he says is "ball" and still makes me do everything for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous! Naturally though, look at her mother! Nice reference on the "blindingly" fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! All of my kids started saying words at 7-8 months old. Some skeptics would try to tell me that they were just mimicking sounds, but I say that moms know best. You can tell when they are just jabbering and when they are really saying words. And I think your girls do look a lot alike. Especially in that photo above. Both true beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun it was to read about your girls. They are both so beautiful, and sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete