Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Curls Gone Wild!

So, when I was little, my mom would put roll up my hair in rags after bathtime and then in the morning, I would have beautiful curly hair for church. Bria has beautiful hair down her back, and I wanted to roll her hair for church. Here is my first attempt at rag-rolling:
And then here's the lovely "curls" the next morning. The individual curls just looked like knots so we brushed it out for a more fro look. Yea, I guess there is more technique than I thought... When I ask for a "pretty smile" this is what I get:
We had to bathe her again and wash the curls out (water wasn't enough)- Dan said we are never doing this again. But, I want to keep practicing. Maybe I'll practice during the week so it's not so pressure-filled when the curls turn out to be crazy!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, that is hilarious. I remember my mom rolling my hair in socks/rags too! Needless to say, they didn't come out like that either. She still looks adorable, fro and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My mom did that too. I always had Miss Piggy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have just thrown a pic in it and sent her to church. I loved it, I laughed so hard! Bria your beautiful! I found some amazing rag rolls at walmart that have a wire in them. They work great! I'll get a name for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Sounds exactly like what would happen if I tried it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bah hahahaha.. aww!! how precious! my grandma did mine every Saturday before church, nothin' like a good fro though!

    ReplyDelete