Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Party like it's 1980!

Since Dan was born in 1980, we had an '80s party for him! We 80s music jammin' and had some jelly bracelets to share along with cube puzzles (that none of us could figure out). That is my mom's original 1984 BYU National Champions (shortsleaved) sweatshirt I'm wearing! Add some blue eye-shadow, side-pony, and I was ready- except Dana had to help me peg my jeans! My awesome friends and their incredible 80s get-ups!! Aren't they awesome?! When Bria heard that everyone was dressing up she said, "Mom, can I dress up?" Of course she could! Then next second I look over, she had on her Belle dress and decked out in her princess garb. Works for me!
As people were arriving (as even after everyone was there) we enjoyed a little original Super Mario Brothers! It was so fun to hear everyone talk about secret tricks they knew as a kid playing this. So awesome! We had a dessert night (angel food cake with strawberries, yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and chocolate covered strawberries!) Happy birthday, DAN!!
A few of guests enjoying the spread. Sofia was devouring the Reese's Pieces...what 80s movie is that from?? Dan wasn't expecting gifts, but this one was a hit! Bria loves it and told everyone, "My dad is 30 and he's an old man!" So funny!
After it was all said and done I didn't have a picture of us. So, I took this one...Dan snapped the camera and I had to strike a pose for it. Haha!!
The next day was his REAL birthday and Bria made a card for him. (So rare when she's not in a dress...)
He was so happy to get his A's hat!

Happy birthday my sweet love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment