Friday, February 13, 2009

RSV sucks

Here is my beautiful baby, Sofia, on her 7 month birthday. So happy, so unassuming.
We were enjoying some Colorado "winter" by playing at the park in February and got this priceless video of my girls. Like Bria says, "Sof, you are my best friend."

I'm thinking that her little cough is just a cold and who wants to hear the doctor tell you that it's nothing and then charge you $100 for it. Then, on Saturday morning, we finally did call the doctor because Sofia had coughed so hard she threw up. The doctor listened to her breathing (wheezy) and counted her breaths in a minute (80) and told us the RSV that Sofia had contracted had now become Bronchiolitis. She now has a nebulizer to administer the albuterol steroid treatments she needs every 4 to 6 hours. So much for "it's nothing."I'm so glad she doesn't have to be in the hospital. Sleep has been minimal since when she coughs, I wake up, and when she's quiet, I panic, and I wake up. She is already doing so much better and are looking forward to when she can sleep through the night again.

8 comments:

  1. Your girls are such dolls! I hope that Sophia gets over RSV very quickly! That doesn't look or sound fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sad!!! I hope she gets all better soon. She is a cutie. That RSV is so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl. I will keep her and you in my prayers. And hope that both of you start getting some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to have little ones sick, I hope she gets better quickly. We'll keep your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Sofia had RSV! I'm so sorry! Max had it at 4 months--so traumatic. I guess it's a good thing I coughed up our deductible for Samuel to get the RSV antibodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...hang in there! Kennedy and Kaden both got RSV every winter for their first three years of life. Each time, Kennedy was hospitalized for a week. Then, before I knew it, she's five and we haven't been to the ER once with her this year. I guess you have to go through some of the icky stuff to build up immunity! Try to get some sleep. Love seeing your beautiful girls pics.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww. that is so sad. i'm right there with you with the whole "sleep" thing. will this ever get better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so confused by Dan's text! It all makes sense now. I hope she's feeling better and better everyday!

    ReplyDelete