Saturday, December 14, 2013

Needy

I'm in the ER with Dan right now. He had some sort of allergic reaction. Red, puffy face that was going numb. Hives every where. Here's what I know:
-My heart is not my own.
-I stink at decisions when it comes to the love of my life.
-I'm a terrible nurse.
-I have the best friends and neighbors in the world.
-the Lord loves and is aware of Dan.

I don't know:
-what caused this.
-when we can reschedule his heart tests.
-if this has anything to do with his heart.

I'm sitting here watching his benedryl induced sleep. Anxiously watching his pulse-ox numbers go up and down.  I have my 5 month old Roman sleeping in his carseat/stroller. The lights are low. I'm listening to the beeps, rolling carts, and muffled voices of nurses and staff attending to other patients.

The doctor just came in. He says he looks much better. I agree. Sleep and benadryl are in his immediate future.

I'm beyond grateful for modern medicine and the priesthood.

1 comment:

  1. How scary! :( I hope and pray everything is okay with your husband.

    ReplyDelete