Thursday, August 12, 2010

Count your many blessings

Name them one by one...
1- Bria gets to go to preschool. She loves to learn, draw, color, paint, imagine, pretend... all the fun things that you get to enjoy and discover at 4 years old. The "big" preschool has been so much fun for her already. It's a huge blessing in our all of our lives.

2- I got a job! University of Northern Colorado has hired me as an adjunct instructor. I will be teaching an Elementary Science methods class starting November 2nd. It's a condensed class so I'll be done December 2nd. It's teaching teachers!! Something I've always wanted to do!! Plus, it'll be at night and a couple Saturdays so Dan can concentrate on school and I won't miss out too much on the girls' daily activities.

3- We finally sold the Durango. It's been a hard decision to let go of our awesome SUV. Because honestly, we loved it. We really thought it would be our forever car. It lifts such a burden off of our financial shoulders to have sold it.
4- I have incredible friends. You think you have good friends, I have amazing friends. Supportive and generous feel cliche to describe them, but it's too true not to use. It just so happens that as we were selling the Durango, our awesome friends, the Prices, were buying a new van and trading in their old one (2001 Honda Oddesey). They let us buy it for a smokin' deal and now we are aren't out of a family car!

5- I have these sweet girls in my life. I'm the luckiest mom. They are funny and sweet, loving and cuddley. My life revolves around these little souls and I'm rewarded for it a hundredfold.

6- Dan. For those of you who know me, know Dan. Our relationship is everything to me and it only grows stronger everyday. Since we canceled comcast, it's only gotten better. He makes me laugh all the time, his testimony is strong and strengthens mine, he allows me to be emotionally spastic and loves me through it. 7- A huge blessing we have in our life is fasting and prayer. Being in our current situation, we have turned to the Lord with such fervor we have been overly blessed for it. Quiet moments of peace, whispers of inspiration, and outpouring of love are only a few of the blessings we have felt through our temple worship, scripture study, family home evenings, prayer, and magnifying our callings. Fasting enabled us to put aside our temporal needs and allowed us to clear up the lines of communication with the Spirit.

This list could go on for a long time. My heart is full and don't have the right words to adequately express my gratitude. This just reaffirms that we are on the right path.

5 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO happy things are working out for you guys! I love your family so much and wish so much I could be there to take you to Cold Stone to celebrate! You're one of the most amazing, strong and deserving individuals I know and I'm so proud to call you my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)!! Thanks for the happy post! Glad everything's going well for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading posts like this. It helps me stay hopeful when I see other people stay positive in the midst of the craziness of life.

    And I hope you know that I consider you (all of you) a blessing in my life.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have your priorities straight. I love it when I'm reminded of all the blessings in my life also...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fabulous post. The picture of you and Dan is really great. I'm glad things are working out for you all!

    ReplyDelete