Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sofia's Pool Party!
I'm still playing catch-up from this summer, so I'm just now blogging about my baby Sofia's 1st birthday party. We wanted to celebrate with her favorite things, so we served fruit and had a pool party!
Luckily, we had my mom, brother, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew, visiting to help us celebrate and decorate.
My mom and I when to the dollar store for the decor and leis, and we laid down blue tarps for a "water" effect. The glasses were a huge hit!
Bria and Sofia in their outfits that Nonna got for them in Hawaii. I couldn't believe that Sof left her lei on the whole time!
A few of the wonderful friends who came to celebrate Sofia's big day!
She ate as much cut-up watermelon as we had out. Out of all of the fruit, that's her favorite!
When I brought the original cake home this was the result:
We went out late the night before and found a great cake for Sof to dig into, a little bigger than most 1 year old cakes, but it was so cute!!
She had a little reservation and then...
Then it was time for the best part- the pool! Sofia loves to swim and always has the best time hanging out in the pool with her family.
Happy birthday, Sofia! We love you so much! It was a fun day to celebrate your first year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm impressed with how much you have caught up on! I'm so happy we got to celebrate with Sofia on her first birthday!
ReplyDelete